Microsoft continues to evolve Dynamic Business central with no exception. The team mainly focuses on making BC a product that people enjoy using it. Moreover, the Microsoft ecosystem made available it to BC users through world-class cloud services.
Moving on with Business Central Cloud then it’s an online-based all-in-one business management application that connects your business. It’s designed for small and medium-sized companies that need an efficient ERP solution that’s easy to use.
Table Of Contents
- Why is Business Central best for Cloud Data Migration?
- Quick Tips for Business Central Migration Tool
Why is Business Central best for Cloud Data Migration?
Business Management works great for small and medium-sized companies.
With the help of Business, Central Cloud uses all the functionality you need to run in the cloud. It means you get all solutions covered in all primary business areas like Snowflake Data warehousing, production, sales, etc.
Understand what you get from Business Central Cloud
- Automatic updates to the latest version
- Business Solution in the cloud
- Naturally integration with office 365 application
- In-built functionality for managing personal data
- Flexible solution access
- Out-of-box integration to Power BI
- Can work on many types of devices like mobile, tablet, PC, etc.
Using Business Central 17, you get a complete company overview and insights into business processes. Manage your company finance, ERP application, and allows us to gain greater visibility across the supply chain, enhancement of revenue, better budget, and project management optimization.
Get to know your ERP expenses
By using a subscription model, only pay a monthly fee per user. It means you’ll always know your ERP expenses. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about operating costs or expenses associated with upgrades.
No Expensive Updating projects
There are times when extensive updates of the ERP system can be expensive. But with a Business Central Cloud subscription, you no longer need to fear expensive and complicated updates. Dynamic 365 Business Central 17 Updates several times a year continuously. With this, you know that you’re always running on the latest version without any additional costs.
The Business Central cloud version offers virtually the same functionality as the on-premise edition. But still, there is a significant difference between both the versions. Though, Business Central Cloud provides the same functionality for sales, finance, HR, CRM, etc. as the on-premise version comes with a lot more difference. Check what are they:
- Business Central cloud used as a web client and one needs to log on to the application via a web browser.
- Microsoft Azure data centers host the cloud version, and it doesn’t ask you to store your data like in the on-premise version.
- The user needs to pay for the solution through a subscription model and pay based on a monthly license. That means you do not need to buy the solution, instead of rent it. It can also do using on-premise, but here you get an opportunity to purchase a solution so that you only pay once.
- The adjustment in the cloud version is made as Extensions. It means add-ins to the standard program add functionality to the application rather than correcting the necessary code. Therefore, you can make real adjustments in the application.
- One of the best parts is Microsoft automatically updates the cloud version. It’s not possible to postpone or opt-out these updates as it’s mandatory in the Business Central Cloud version.
Quick Tips for Business Central Migration Tool
What data can be migrated?
- Microsoft commits to add more functionality in the migration tool so that it can pull data from a multitude of different systems. The tool pulls a wide variety of data and helps accounts to map directly into Business Central 17 Dimensions. It allows GL history to pulled in and map along with customer and vendor addresses.
- These were few features, and Microsoft is yet adding additional attributes soon to make more customers move over it.
What’s Data cannot be Migrated?
- The tool is in development mode and comes with few limitations. In the April update, Microsoft added the ability to bring data from multiple warehouses. Along with that inventory costing layers and history associated with those layers won’t lose your data. It allows better management after the migration completes.
- The inventory enhancements add quantity on hands at locations. It helps to catalog the inventory with maintaining the migration performance. In the June update, it shows the public preview for smart list designer for BC. October update added ability to bring Bank reconciliation information adding checkbooks and outstanding transactions.
What’s the future of Business Central Migration?
- Microsoft committed to adding a connection between Business Central and other systems with a planned update. In 2021, Microsoft planned to create migration between Dynamics GP and Dynamic 365 Finance and Operations by adjusting some existing migrations. Also, the team planned to release another version of SmartList Designer. No doubt After 2021, we are getting improved current migrations with well-integrated and external programs.Already a BC user, download the 2020 Wave 2 release and start using it right away. If you haven’t moved yet to BC, Contact our team for a personalized demo.